Couch Gamers Progress Update
Another month has gone by since our last update – so here’s what we’ve been up to:
- We have completed the image manager. In our previous updates, you guys saw that we were using the TinyMCE image manager plugin to power the media management in Couch Gamers. We have gone ahead and improved the UI to both match the Couch Gamers style and improve functionality.
- Improvements were made to the language editor with mainly some functionality fixes.
- FlowPlayer Ultimate has been fully integrated into Couch Gamers. You will be able to:
- A Flow Player theme can be made for every website template. If you guys think about it, every platform can have its own website theme with Couch Gamers. This means that every platform can have its own Flow Player theme – which will in return allow you to have different styles of Flow Players for different type of content (whether it’s PS3, Xbox, PC etc)
- Flow Player themes can edit the colors and gradients, sizing, controls, tooltips, set auto hiding options and apply logos + watermarks to their players.
- Frontend is at about 70% right now. We have the following to finish:
- Video Display (using Flow Players)
- Game Page
- Users & Social aspect of Couch Gamers where you can follow other users, follow games, display a status etc.
- Various fixes left & right. (A final feature list will be created once we finish the listed tasks)
Once these final tasks are completed, we’ll be going over the final details and making minor adjustments to the CMS to iron out all remaining bugs. An installer will be built and we’ll be releasing a first full demo of the product to the community. Shortly after, we’ll create a first phase private beta which will allow beta testers to trial the software on our servers.
Thomas wanted to finish a few remaining bugs in the Flow Player editor before we went ahead and presented his latest work through a screencast.
I hope this brings some joy to the community
Custom CMS Team