Couch Gamers BETA 0.9.9 – Final Cleaning & Documentation Begins
We decided to release a 3rd hotfix for 0.9.9. It addresses the following:
- Improved the Platform system on the frontend. When clicking on a platform in the top menu and visit a submenu item such as (news, reviews, images, cheats, games etc), the user will remain on that platform and see the related content to the platform that was initially selected. This provides the illusion / feeling of separate websites for each platform. If a user creates custom templates for each platform, he’ll be able to mimic a “multi-site” effect.
- Improved the YouTube video embed system. If no thumbnail image is uploaded by the webmaster, the system will use the official YouTube thumbnail from YouTube.com.
- Improved the image properties system (thumbnailing system). It can now resize images from different websites.
- Fixed the convoluted bug that occurred when hitting back in your browser, the “update your status” text in the user dropdown would be replaced by “search your query here.”
- Fixed the login bug, where the count of bad logins would never reset. Now resets after 1 hour.
- Fixed a release date bug, where games would not show up in the frontend if release data was not set for the game.
- Fixed a platform bug, where games would not show up in the backend if platform data was not set for the game.
- Fixed an image bug, where images would lose comment connection after being updated in the backend.
- Fixed Flowplayer setting & styling bugs.
- Updated Flowplayer to the latest version.
- Applied Firefox v.13 rounded corners fix.
- Improved the reply system on the news feed. Text inputs show up in a much simplified manner.
- Improved the transfer system stability (when you delete a certain category, platform etc, the system prompts you to transfer content or delete it).
- Improved the Tinymce login stability.
- Improved the targeting channels stability.
- Improved the notification system stability.
- Improved the delete content system. It will now delete comments and notifications associated.
- Improved the licensing system when switching/moving from server to server.
- Improved the skin import & export system.
- Search Engine Optimized (SEO’d) the frontend site-wide (all pages viewable publicly). Added proper alt, title tags.
- Removed images from the stylesheet and placed them inside the image mask system on a skin level.
- Added the ability to preview a skin template from the backend skin list. It creates a session on the frontend, forcing the webmaster to be able to see the preview of the skin as the default. Useful features when editing CSS / Templates.
- When a notification exists for a gallery image, the “Go To” link will force the image gallery popup (colorbox) to appear directly after clicking.
- When viewing a gallery image popup (colorbox), clicking on the displayed image will result in jumping to the next image. Similar functionality to Facebook etc.
- Cleared several errors removed from error log. Mainly “notices”.
- Various improvements to the CCMS to Couch Gamers importer.
- Cleaned the default template CSS style sheets. Split several sections (More cleaning to be performed for perfect documentation).
- Cleaned default language masks (More cleaning to be performed).
As of next week, we’ll be starting the following tasks:
- Final improvement to the skin system. It will improve the skin / langage sharing capabilities greatly.
- Final language mask cleaning & preparation of the Official Couch Gamers Language Pack.
- Final CSS, Template & Directory cleaning for full documentation. (We’ve already setup the final documentation web portal and will be documenting the product from A-Z with professional/easy to use tools. We understand that our initial market caters to hobbyists, designers, developers & do understand that the better documentation / toolkits are provided with the platform, the easier it will be for you to create templates, mods etc).
- Build a CSS class locating tool. (As some of you may have noticed even before the BETA started, we stripped out the CSS Color Picker form the backend. We weren’t satisfied with the way it was coded so we decided to scrap it and bring it in after 1.0 as a new feature – of course with a better approach around it).
- Final performance, stress & server tests of Couch Gamers BETA.
A new update will be provided next week as we progress.
Please note that all user accounts on the Couch Gamers BETA site have been deleted. Please re-register if you would like to continue browsing with a personal account.
If you would like to request Couch Gamers BETA access, please visit the following link: Request Access
You may discuss in our new community located at: http://community.customcms.net
Custom CMS Team